Situated in the leafy, green northern suburb of Clarendon, Pietermaritzburg (PMB). This modern apartment is perfectly located, less than 3 kilometres from the centre of Pietermaritzburg. What we offer our clients is an authentic up-market 2-bedroom apartment, which is full self-catering in the heart of Pietermaritzburg. The interior is beautifully furnished with modern decor, making this a perfect place to stay for a few days to a couple of months. It is situated in a secure complex, which has ample parking as well as excellent security. There is easy access to the highway going south (to Durban) or north, (to the Midlands) making getting to us and back home easy. Within a range of 1km there are a number of excellent restaurants including Mama Mia’s, Saki & Quincy’s, a Virgin Active Gym, shopping centres and private schools.
It’s the perfect destination for those visiting PMB for sporting events, arts and crafts, business or special occasions.
You’ll Have Access To
Accommodation At Home Pietermaritzburg Self Catering apartment is an up-market self-catering apartment, consisting of:
- Open-plan kitchen with granite tops & quality appliances. Facilities available include: Fridge, microwave, under counter oven and 4 plate hob, kettle, toaster, crockery, cutlery as well as free tea & coffee.
- Comfortable bedrooms, one with king-size bed (which can be made into 2 single beds), built-in cupboards, fan and air conditioner and the second bedroom with 2 single beds and built-in cupboards.
- Lounge area has a 4 seater dining table, 2 comfortable couches around a coffee table and flat screen Television with DSTV bouquet.
- Secure, off-street undercover parking for one vehicle and open parking for others. Remote controlled access
- Serviced Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Should you prefer it to be serviced daily, we can arrange this for you.
- Bathrooms include shower and bath.
Nearby Attractions & Facilities
- Shopping Malls, Victoria Road shopping centre and Parklane shopping centre are within 1km of the apartment. Liberty Midlands Mall is very convenient and has the most shops in one location, within 3km drive
- Restaurants, The Butchery (specializing in meat dishes), Pesto’s (pizza and pasta), Quincy’s (good variety), Saki (sushi & seafood), Porchello’s (good menu and food) are all within 2km of the apartment.
- Business Parks, Within 4km of the apartment are 4 of the most exclusive business parks, namely Hilltops business park, VCC business park, Redlands business park and Cascades business park. Most of the established professional firms and commerce have offices in one or more of these exclusive business parks.
- The Royal Show Grounds are situated about 2km away. Besides the yearly Royal Agricultural Show and Natal Witness Garden Show, many other events are held here.
- Schools, We are in close proximity to independent boys and girls schools eg Cordwalles, The Wykeham Collegiate, while Maritzburg College, Girls High School and St Charles College are a 8 min drive across town. The village of Hilton is a short 10 min drive away. Cowan House Preparatory School and St Anne’s School for Girls are both situated in this area. While Grace College and Hilton College are a little further out on the Hilton College Road.
- Hospitals, Greys Hospital, St Annes Hospital & Medi-Clinic are within 5 minutes drive.
- Nature Reserves & Parks, Two lovely nature reserves are in close proximity: Queen Elizabeth Park and Ferncliff Nature Reserve both have lovely walking trails and picnic areas
- Major Sporting events
- Golf Courses, Victoria Country Club which is one of the best golf courses in Natal is approximately 5km away
- Mountain biking, Mountain bike trails are plentiful in and around PMB. Known as the mountain biking hot spot, we have now been firmly placed on the map, with the recent World Champs being held in Pietermaritzburg. Cedara, Cascades, Worldsview, Fern hill, Garlick Timbers, Karkloof, Howick, Bisley nature reserve, Cumberland nature reserve, Midmar nature reserve & a recently opened bike park besides Giba Gorge are all fantastic world class spots to ride.
- Arts & Craft, there are a few local markets that take place around the city on a weekly basis. Art in the park & cars in the park are popular events in PMB, attracting collectors of art and vintage cars. Hilton arts festival sees many performers from all over SA come to show their talents. Splashy Fenn, has for years been the place to view up and coming as well as SA’s most talented musicians.
- City Hall, is one of the largest red brick buildings in PMB and stands in the centre of the town. It is is possibly more famous because it is the starting point of both the Comrades Marathon and the Umashova cycle race.
- Camps Drift, is where the start of the Duzi Canoe Marathon is. A short 5 minute drive away.
- Dams, two major dams, Midmar Dam and Albert Falls are both a short easy drive away (approximately 25 minutes). Midamar dam has been placed on the map due to the largest open water swim in the world, known as the Midmar Mile. Both dams offer fantastic bass fishing, sailing and power boating.
- Beaches, Durban & the north and south coast have many beautiful beaches and numerous tourist attractions are a quick 45 min drive away.
- The Drakensberg Mountains (southern and central Berg) are a must see and the southern berg is only 90 minutes drive away.
- The famous Midlands Meander arts and crafts route which includes numerous and varied country crafts and restaurants 20 minutes drive away and can keep one occupied for days. The nearby village of Howick, is where one can see the spectacular Howick Falls and Umgeni Valley Nature Reserve.
A short drive from Howick is the birders paradise of Karkloof which also features the acclaimed Karkloof Canopy Tours. The Karkloof classic is one of the countries largest mountain bike races, which attracts many of the top riders and thousands of participants.
Our Facilities & Services
- Designated Parking
- Laundry Service
- Off Street Parking for your visitors
- M-Net and DVD player
- No Credit Card Facility
Clarendon – Northern Suburbs of Pietermaritzburg
Activities within 100km
- Bird Watching
- – Dam Fishing
- – Deep Sea Fishing
- – Fly Fishing
- Game Drives
- Health & Fitness
- Horse Riding
- Kite Surfing
We can speak
English and Afrikaans
We belong to
Popular Local Attractions
- Howick Falls – 18.2km
- Mandela Capture Monument – 25.1km
- Valley of 1000 Hills – 46.3km
- Montrose – 3.0km
- Pietermaritzburg – 3.4km
- Boughton – 3.8km
- Scottsville – 5.8km
- Hilton – 6.7km
- Lincoln Meade – 8.8km
- Bishopstowe – 10.7km
- Brookdale – 18.8km
- Albert Falls – 20.4km
- Howick – 21.2km
- Pietermaritzburg Airport – +-6km
- King Shaka International – 84.6km
- Amberlea Guest House – 0.2km
- The Jays Guest House – 0.2km
- Duvet & Crumpets – 0.6km
- Africa’s Eden – 0.6km
- Little Poland – 7.6km
- Corner Post Bar and Restaurant – 20.4km
- The Pot and Kettle – 45km
- Olive and Oil – 45.6km
- The Olive Garden – 48km
Gallery and Museums
- Ardmore Ceramics Gallery – 35.6km
- Tatham Art Gallery